Over the course of a one (1) year subscription, certificants will have the opportunity to earn over six (6) recertification points via:
- 0.1 point per Journal Quiz, with 41 available, for 4.1 points total
- 0.25 point per KSA, with five (5) available, for 1.25 points total
- A set of 1-point and 0.5-point Challenge Tests, for 1.5 points tota
Over the course of a five (5) year subscription, certificants will have the opportunity to earn over 34 recertification points via:
- 0.1 point per Journal Quiz, with 41 available per year, for a five-year total of 20.5 points
- 0.25 point per KSA, with five (5) available per year, for a five-year total of 6.25 points
- A set of 1-point and 0.5-point Challenge Tests per year, for a five-year total of 7.5 point
A total of up to 6.85 recertification points may be earned in one (1) year or up to 34.25 recertification points during a five (5) year subscription period. All points will be automatically entered into your CMS recertification worksheet within 24 hours of being earned.
Recertification points are earned from the beginning of certificants’ recertification cycles through the cycle end date of June 30. The recertification worksheet, accounting for points earned during that time period, is to be submitted by July 31 following the recertification cycle’s June 30 end date. Points earned in the July 1-31 time period after the cycle end date are applied to the following recertification cycle, which begins July 1 and runs five years until the certification’s next June 30 recertification cycle end date.
Full details on the process of recertification can be found on the Recertification web page
Subscribers will have a total of three (3) attempts to pass each individual course. After a third attempt, or first successful attempt, the course will no longer be accessible. You must pass with 80% or higher to achieve the applicable points.